Post by Ash on May 28, 2011 13:48:36 GMT -5
The lycanthrope race, those that are werecreatures, are taken from the world of Anita Blake. Click HERE for more information on this series. Much of what is listed below is from this site. Below is how the lycanthrope race pertains to this RP site. Please read and ask if you have any questions.All Lycanthropes
• Though they have the ability to shift to their animal form whenever they wish, the moon's call forces lycanthropes to shift
• If the lycanthrope is new or young, or it is too close to the full moon, the scent of fresh blood can cause them to shift to their animal form.
• After shifting, they are hungry and must eat.
• Humans are infected by coming into blood contact with other lycanthropes in animal form or are born with it (inherited form).
• Silver burns them, and injuries made with silver heal very slowly.
Silver bullets can kill them.
• They cannot get infections, though severe blood loss can be an issue. All wounds will eventually heal.
• They have great healing abilities, amazing speed and strength as well as heightened senses.
• They are immortal.
• If they lose a limb, it will grow back with the next animal shift as long as the wound remains fresh.
• Alphas are the leaders of the respective groups. They are typically stronger and often have abilities and powers that the others do not.
• As such, alphas may pick a power from the list to have. They will have decent control of it, more so if they use it often.
• Lycans coming into alpha status can be gaining a power. With these character types though, the lycan will have little to no control over the power and must work VERY hard at it.
• When a low-powered were shifts form from human to beast to human again in a short space of time (under 2 hours) they crash, taking many hours (12) to re-charge as it takes a lot of energy to shift back early. While they are recovering, they cannot be woken up
• Weres usually stay in their beast form for 8-10 hours before they collapse back into their human selves.